One of the most effective strategies in the realm of preventative medicine is to bank reproductive cells before sterilizing therapy for cancer. Unfortunately, this resource is rarely covered or supported under any insurance plans. As a consequence, it is vastly underutilized and results in much more costly, largely less effective and even ineffective treatments for infertility later in life.
Fertility Within Reach (FWR) — a national educational resource providing education, coaching and resources, to empower individuals to advocate on their own behalf, create a consistent understanding of the disease of infertility, and promote reproductive health preservation — has teamed up with the world Dr. Turek to develop a way for post-pubertal youth to afford banking of reproductive cells at the time of their cancer diagnosis to remove the cost barrier to resource utilization.
Our mission is simple, to ensure that cost is not the major obstacle for post-pubertal children to bank their reproductive cells. Here’s what we provide:
- Individual grants to cover the cost of storing the necessary reproductive cells of children who are about to begin cancer treatment that will impact their reproductive future.
- Banking on the Future serves post-pubertal oncology patients: Adolescent through young adult, up until the age of 21.
- We have agreements with several banking locations throughout the country so we may offer this service nationwide.
Fertility need not be another casualty of cancer.
Research shows individuals diagnosed with Infertility experience a comparable stress level as those diagnosed with cancer. We have an opportunity to prevent these young individuals from repeating their traumatic stress and as an adult and provide an opportunity to create a family.
Financial contributions allow Fertility Within Reach to provide this program to patients in need. Please become a part of our team and make a tax-deductible donation today.
To apply for the Banking on the Future program:
- Review the application guide
- Complete the Banking on the Future Grant Application form
- Complete the Banking on the Future Release form
- Then return all materials to:
Fertility Within Reach
1005 Boylston Street, #332
Newton Highlands, MA 02464
Fertility Within Reach has been selected for inclusion in the National Cancer Institute database, “National Organizations that Offer Cancer-Related Services.” Please see this letter from the Department of Health in Human Services.
Fertility Within Reach is a registered 501(c) (3) organization. General information about our organization can be found at www.FertilityWithinReach.org. For more information about the organization and this project, please contact the President and Cofounder of Fertility Within Reach, Davina Fankhauser by phone at +1 857.636.8674 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.