Vasectomies at The Turek Clinics
Dr. Turek has an international reputation as a fellowship-trained microsurgeon and performs vasectomies on a regular basis. He has performed well over 1500 No Scalpel vasectomies since the technique was introduced in the U.S in the early 1990’s, has published his experience with the technique and his modifications to it and has trained over 50 urology residents, fellows, practicing urologists and family physicians in the No Scalpel approach.
In addition, many vasectomy patients he sees have failed the procedure elsewhere or are referred because of complications from vasectomies performed elsewhere. Because of this experience, his complication rates are extremely low.
This section is an overview of everything you need to know about vasectomy, which is the special expertise of Dr. Turek.
- Vasectomy with Dr. Turek – Dr. Turek has an international reputation as a fellowship-trained microsurgeon and performs vasectomies on a regular basis. He has performed well over 1500 cases.
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy – In clinical use for over 100 years, a vasectomy can be performed by making small surgical incisions or through the No Scalpel technique that uses no incisions. Dr Turek much prefers the latter and offers it whenever possible to his patients.
- Vasectomy vs. Other Contraceptives – Vasectomies are very popular and commonly requested since there is no currently available contraceptive that has a higher success rate than vasectomy.
- Failed Vasectomy – Vasectomies fail for three reasons. One way that they can fail is when a pregnancy occurs after a vasectomy is performed but before the remaining live sperm downstream from the vasectomy site are completely “flushed” out of the system.
- Other Vasectomy Techniques – Recently, there have been claims that a “no needle” vasectomy is better than any other kind. Before taking this as truth, realize that the success of the vasectomy procedure as a contraceptive technique has not improved since it was developed 100 years ago.
- Vasectomy Risks and Complications – One must remember that there is no form of fertility control, except abstinence, which is completely free of potential complications.
The next step is to schedule a vasectomy consultation at The Turek Clinic.