Careers at The Turek Clinic: Medical Assistant
The Turek Clinic are seeking a medical assistant. The position will focus mainly patient care and related administrative skills but also requires sales and computer skills. The successful candidate must have poise and superior professional, conversational, and interpersonal skills. You are the first point of contact in a high-touch medical practice, and you should be customer-service oriented, friendly and hospitable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cheerfully and professionally check-in and check-out patients, including collecting payments and scheduling follow-up appointments and surgeries
- Work and communicate effectively on a team with physicians, physician assistants, nurse, medical assistant, and administrative staff members to ensure the highest level of service and care
- Updating and maintaining patient medical records
- Building patient charts on the electronic medical record (EHR) system
- Rooming patients and taking their vital signs
- Assisting in surgical office procedures
- This is a San Francisco-based position, but duties may include travel or to our clinic in and Beverly Hills, satellite location in San Jose, and/or off-site surgical centers
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum: Certified as a Medical Assistant in the State of California
- CPR certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-years related work experience or combination of post high school education or training and work experience.
- Strong attention to detail with an excellent record of customer service
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated person with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to balance priorities
- Ability to anticipate minute by minute changes
- Responsive to feedback and redirection
- Enthusiastic self-starter and team-player
- Excellent professional references
- Must type 45 WPM
Most work performed in the San Francisco office, but duties may include travel to off-site surgical centers or to our clinic in and Beverly Hills or satellite location in San Jose.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in administrative /customer service position experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience with meeting goals
We provide competitive compensation with experience, benefits, and an opportunity to earn bonuses. We are known to provide a mentoring environment for our employees.
Applicants should reply to this posting by email with your cover letter, resume, professional references, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Also be prepared to submit a background, credit, and drug test.