Dr. Turek Awards and Recognition
Dr. Paul Turek is a founder of the men’s reproductive healthcare movement in the U.S. He is also an internationally recognized master clinician and microsurgeon. While at UCSF, he was Director of the Male Reproductive Clinical Laboratory, Program Leader of PROGENI (The Program in the Genetics of Infertility), Director of the UCSF Men’s Reproductive Health Clinic and Research Program, and the director of a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant for training new faculty in men’s reproductive health.
- Election to Board of Directors, San Francisco Medical Society (SFMS) 2014-2016
- American Society Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Star Award 2013
- HealthTap.com Top Urologist in California (Second Place) 2013
- US News and World Report, America’s Top Doctors 2011
- Nominee, University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine Class of 2010, Outstanding Lecture and Lecture Series 2008
- Overseas Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, London, England 2008
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health (NICHD) Advisory Panel, Fertility Preservation 2007
- Academy of Medical Educators Endowed Chair in Medical Education 2006
- “Best Doctors in America” 2005-06 National Listing
- Nominee, Kaiser Teaching Award, UCSF School of Medicine Class of 2000 & 2003
- 2000 Young Surgeon Award, American College of Surgeons, Northern California Chapter 2000
- First Prize, Posters, Western Section, AUA 1997-1998 & 2004, Second Prize, 1996
- Best Poster Prize, Etiology of Male Infertility, AUA 1995-1997
- James L. Goebel Grand Prize, Posters, West Section, AUA 1995
- First Prize, Resident Essay Competition, Philadelphia Urological Society 1991-1992
- Research Honors, Stanford School of Medicine Graduation 1987
- Summa Cum Laude, Yale College 1982
- Phi Beta Kappa, Yale College 1981
He has authored more than 175 publications on clinical and scientific issues in reproductive health, and continues to serve as a consultant to industry and to the U.S. government on matters relating to men’s reproductive health. He is an active member of the American Urological Association, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the Societe Internationale d’Urologie and the Royal Society of Medicine (UK). He has been an Executive Council member and President of the American Society of Andrology.
Consistently named one of the “Best Doctors in America,” Dr. Turek has been interviewed about medical and ethical issues in his field by CNN, World News Tonight, BBC, Good Morning America, 20/20, National Public Radio, Der Spiegel (Germany), Reuters News, The New York Times, The London Times, USA Today, Newsweek, Time, Life, The Economist, Fitness, and People magazines.
Recent Lectures from Dr. Turek
A highly regarded teacher, he has given over 350 lectures around the world, and has chaired numerous post-graduate courses and workshops for a wide range of professional associations, including the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction, the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, the Society for Male Reproduction and Urology, and RESOLVE. Notable lectures by Dr. Turek include:
- Invited Keynote Speaker. Highlights of the National Medical Student Urology Curriculum. American Urological Association, New Orleans, LA. May 18th, 2015
- Invited Keynote Speaker. Treating the Young Hypogonadal Male. American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, Nashville, TN. May 13th, 2015
- Invited Keynote Speaker. First Integrative Fertility Symposium. A Planetary View of Men’s Reproductive Health. Vancouver, BC, Canada. May 2, 2015.
- Invited Keynote Speaker. Reproductive Genetics and the Aging Male. American Society of Andrology, Endowed AUA Lecture. Salt Lake City, Utah. April 19th, 2015
- Invited Keynote Lecturer, Finding Sperm in Azoospermia: From Medieval to Modern. New England Fertility Society, 12th Annual Meeting, Newport, RI, April 25th-26th, 2014.
- Invited Keynote Lecturer, Keeping Sex Passionate and What Every Woman Needs to Know About Her Man’s Fertility. Fertility Planit.com Show. Los Angeles, CA, April 5-6th, 2014.
- Faculty, First U.S. Men’s Health World Congress. “How to Establish a Men’s Health Clinic.” December 6-8, 2013 in Arlington, VA.
- 7th European Congress of Andrology
Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
November 29-December 1, 2012 ASA-EAU Keynote Lecture: Imaging of the Male Genital Tract: From Ultrasound to MRI and Beyond
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
San Diego, California
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie 32nd International Congress
September 30th– October 4th, 2012 Lecture: Chair, Instructional Course, Male Reproductive & Sexual Dysfunction: Latest Advances and Newest Treatments