Dr. Turek Leadership in the Community
Dr. Paul Turek takes great pride in being apart of the medical community. For this reason, Dr. Turek is a member of an unprecedented number of societies and associations, including those listed below.
- San Francisco Medical Society, Board of Directors 2014-2016
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) Board of Directors, 2008-2011; Secretary-Treasurer 2011-12; President 2013
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Abstract Committee 1996-98, 2004-8; Urology Representative, National Advisory Council 1997-2000; Co-Director, ASRM-NRAC Regional Post-Graduate Course 1998-1999; Patient Education Committee 1999-2001; Resident Education Committee 2006-2010; Chairman, SMRU Post-Graduate Program, Annual Meeting 2013
- American Urological Association (AUA) Best Practice Panel Reviewer 2000; Communications Office Expert 2001; Chair, National Medical Student Curriculum Committee, 2007-present
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie
- Chair, Infertility Postgraduate course 2004-2007, 2012 – present.
- Member, Abstract Review Committee 2009 – present.
- Chair, Sexual Medicine Postgraduate course 2012-present
- San Francisco Medical Society Board of Directors, 2014-2016.
- American College of Surgeons Co-Chairman, Urology Section, Northern California Chapter 1998-2001; Committee on Applicants, N. Cal Chapter 2001-2005
- American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Society for the Study of Male Reproduction Member-at-Large 1997-1998; Chairman, Audit Committee 1997, 2004; Nominating Committee 1998-1999; Chair, Postgraduate course 2001
- American Society of Andrology Past President 2011; Program Chair, Annual Meeting 2008
- Pacific Coast Fertility Society
- Program Committee 2008-present
- Northern California Urologic Society
- Vice President 2001-2003
- President 2008-2011
- Western Section, American Urological Association (AUA)
- Board of Directors 2010-2012
- Northern California Chapter, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Local Committee on Applicants 2001-2005
- Honorary Member, Al-Azhar University Center for Research and
- Management of Impotence and Infertility, Cairo, Egypt
- Scientific Advisor, Egyptian Afro-Asian Assisted Fertilization and Conception Association for Voluntary Surgical Contraception (AVSC International).
- Stanford Alumni Association
- Yale Alumni Association Alumni Admissions Interviewer 2010-present; Yale Alumni Fund Class Agent 2008-present
- UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center 2004-2008
- Graduate Group, Global Health Services (Director, Haile Debas MD) 2006-2008
- California Medical Society 2007-present
- San Francisco Medical Society 2007-present
- Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK 2008-present
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM) Advisory Board2010-present
- Volunteers in Medicine San Francisco (Clinic by the Bay), Founding Board Member 2008-present; Chair, Medical Advisory Board 2009-present
In addition to his work in the medical field, Dr. Turek is extremely active in the communities of San Francisco and Los Angeles. “I have volunteered delivering health care in some of the neediest places on earth, but I feel most satisfied helping out in my own backyard.” – Dr. Paul Turek
- The ART of Infertility is an international arts organization based in the U.S. Founded in 2014, we curate innovative and emotionally provoking art exhibits to portray the realities, pains and joys of living with IF.
- Banking on the Future Aid for post-pubertal youth to bank their reproductive cells at cancer diagnosis.
- Clinic by the Bay Medical care for the working poor of the San Francisco Bay area.
- Men’s Health Network (MHN)‘s mission is to reach men, boys and their families where they live, work play and pray with health awareness and disease prevention messages and tools, screen programs, educational materials, advocacy opportunities and patient navigation.
- Movember Foundation Raises awareness of men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer and other male cancers, and associated charities
- Path2Parenthood is committed to helping you navigate this amazing path, even if it gets a little rocky, by providing comprehensive information you can trust.