Male Fertility Doctor Serving Sunnyvale
Don’t Let Fertility Issues Stop You from Becoming a Dad
Among couples who are struggling to have a baby, about half of the men have one or more fertility issues that are thought to contribute to the delayed conception. However, that does not mean that these men cannot become biological fathers. The Turek Clinic is a world-class fertility center that has helped thousands of men in and around Sunnyvale to finally become parents.
Common Fertility Issues in Sunnyvale
- Azoospermia: Men who produce semen samples that have no sperm whatsoever have azoospermia. This condition affects about 5% of infertile men and can be caused by blockages (obstructive azoospermia) or problems with sperm production (non-obstructive azoospermia).
- Oligospermia: Also known as low sperm count, this label applies to men who have fewer than 15 million sperm in a milliliter of semen. Oligospermia makes fertility more challenging, but possible with help from a fertility specialist like Dr. Turek.
- Cryptozoospermia: Some men who are initially thought to have azoospermia are subsequently found to have a small amount of sperm in their ejaculate, which offers renewed hope for their fertility goals.
- Varicocele: Similar to varicose veins, varicoceles are enlarged veins that develop in the scrotum. Unfortunately, they can hinder fertility by raising the temperature of the testicles, which can damage sperm.
What Makes the Turek Clinic Unique
The Turek Clinic is led by Dr. Paul Turek, ranked in the top 1-2% in his field. He has earned international recognition for his many contributions to the field of male fertility care. One of his most significant advancements is his signature Sperm Mapping treatment, which has helped him to find hidden sperm inside the testicles of men with sperm counts of zero, often in cases where men have been told by other providers that they are sterile. This sperm can often be used to fertilize an egg with an assisted reproductive procedure like IVF or ICSI.
Fertility Treatments We Offer
- Semen Analysis: This diagnostic test measures not only the sperm count, but also the shape and movement of the sperm to determine how likely natural fertilization is to occur.
- Sperm Mapping: This treatment helps Dr. Turek look for viable sperm inside the male reproductive tract that could be used with IVF or ICSI to achieve pregnancy. It also provides a specific guide to this sperm, which may allow for less invasive retrieval techniques.
- Sperm Retrieval: If hidden sperm are located inside the testicles, Dr. Turek can harvest them with a sperm retrieval process. When possible, he favors less invasive retrieval than microTESE, which is standard at many fertility clinics.
- Microsurgical Reconstruction: This is a type of intricate surgery that rebuilds the male reproductive tract to ensure that sperm can travel correctly and be released with semen during sexual stimulation.
- Testicular Biopsy: If Dr. Turek needs more information to make a correct diagnosis, he may perform a testicular biopsy, which takes a small amount of testicular tissue for examination under a microscope.
- Varicocele Repair: By addressing enlarged veins (varicocele) in the scrotum, Dr. Turek can lower the temperature of the testicles, which should improve the quantity and quality of sperm production.
- Ejaculatory Duct Resection: TURED is a minimally invasive procedure that clears out blockages in the ejaculatory ducts so that sperm can be released during sexual activity.
- Vasectomy Reversal: Men who previously had a vasectomy, but now wish to restore their fertility can reconnect the vas deferens so that sperm is released once again. Dr. Turek specializes in correcting failed reversals performed by other doctors.
Sexual Health Services
- Erectile and Ejaculatory Disorders: Erectile dysfunction is a common problem where men have trouble achieving or maintaining an erection. Other men have EDO (ejaculatory duct obstruction), which is when the ducts impede sperm from mixing with semen.
- Testicle Loss: Some men are born without one testicle, while others may lose one later in life due to cancer or injury. A testicle implant can help boost a man’s sexual confidence.
- Peyronie’s Disease: This condition causes fibrous scar tissue to form within the penis. This may make the penis curve or bend, which can be quite painful during sexual activity.
- Low Testosterone (hypogonadism): Hormone replacement therapy is successful at raising testosterone levels for better sex drive, strength, energy, and mood.
Painless, Nitrous Oxide Vasectomy
The vas deferens, which are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicles to the urethra, are snipped or sealed in a vasectomy. This prevents sperm from being released with ejaculate during sexual intercourse, effectively making the man sterile. Dr. Turek has perfected the no-scalpel option using nitrous oxide to prevent pain and anxiety.
How the Turek Clinic Exceeds Expectations
Dr. Turek and the entire team at the Turek Clinic are committed to providing attentive, friendly, and professional care that is sometimes lacking at other fertility centers. We want you to feel comfortable and have a full understanding of every step of the process to remove as much stress as possible. Our track record for helping thousands of men who were told they couldn’t have children to become fathers is assurance that you will receive the best and most knowledgeable care.
Meet Dr. Turek
Dr. Turek is a world-renowned fertility and male sexual health specialist who has innovated some of the most effective (and least invasive) treatments for helping men to become biological fathers. His research has been published in prestigious academic journals, and he trains the next generation of fertility doctors to offer superior care to their patients. Even with all this success, Dr. Turek still prioritizes providing personalized care to his patients so that they can fulfill their goal of having a baby. To receive a fertility diagnosis or other important care from the Sunnyvale region’s top doctor, please call 1-888-TUREKMD.