Male Fertility Doctor Serving Fremont
If you have been trying to conceive a child with your partner but have not achieved a pregnancy, you may require help from a men’s fertility specialist to transform your goal into reality. Nearly 50% of infertility cases are male factor and often not diagnosed at an IVF clinic. The Turek Clinic is a premier male fertility center and the #1 choice for couples in Fremont, CA. At the clinic, Dr. Paul Turek devises customized treatment plans to remove or bypass the obstacles that have made having a baby seem impossible, providing hope when hope was lost.
Fertility Issues of Men in Fremont
- Azoospermia: Men whose semen samples contain zero sperm have azoospermia. Up to 5% of infertile men have this condition — either obstructive azoospermia (caused by a blockage) or non-obstructive azoospermia.
- Oligospermia: Men who have a sperm count under 15 million per milliliter (most men of reproductive age have a count between 15 and 200 million sperm) have oligospermia. Although it is possible to have a baby with low sperm count, it can make pregnancy more challenging and warrants seeking help from a fertility specialist.
- Cryptozoospermia: Cryptozoospermia is the term used to describe a man who was initially diagnosed with azoospermia but was later found to have trace amounts of motile sperm in his semen sample.
- Varicocele: Enlarged veins in the scrotum are known to contribute to fertility problems by disrupting blood flow and raising the temperature of the testicles. It can start during the teen years and cause discomfort.
Modern Solutions for Male Fertility Problems
Dr. Turek is a world-renowned urologist who is credited with numerous advancements to the field of male fertility treatment. Most notably, he has been able to help thousands of men with non-obstructive azoospermia by locating “hidden” sperm in the male reproductive tract with his signature Sperm Mapping procedure. This is a highly effective approach that provides a clear guide to motile sperm that can prevent the need for more invasive procedures like microTESE.
Fertility Treatments We Offer
- Semen Analysis: This early diagnostic test can measure important factors like the shape of the sperm, the movement of the sperm, and the total sperm count. This gives Dr. Turek an initial understanding of how likely natural fertilization is.
- Sperm Mapping: Dr. Turek looks for sperm inside the testicles that could be used to fertilize an egg via IVF or ICSI. This creates a guided map to the sperm so that it may be extracted in a less invasive fashion, lessening the complication risks for his patients.
- Microsurgical Reconstruction: By modifying and “rebuilding” the male reproductive tract, Dr. Turek can help improve the odds of natural fertilization.
- Testicular Biopsy: After removing a tiny amount of tissue from the testicle, Dr. Turek can examine the sample under a microscope and more thoroughly diagnose fertility problems.
- Varicocele Repair: To address the problems caused by varicoceles (enlarged veins in the scrotum), Dr. Turek performs a surgery that improves the sperm count for many men.
- Ejaculatory Duct Resection: A minimally invasive procedure known as TURED can unblock ejaculatory ducts so that sperm is included in a man’s ejaculate.
- Vasectomy Reversal: When a man decides he wants to have a child after having a vasectomy, Dr. Turek can reconnect the vas deferens so that the patient becomes fertile once again. He specializes in helping men who have had failed reversals performed by other doctors.
Sexual Health Services
- Erectile and Ejaculatory Disorder: Medication and modifications can help men to overcome erectile dysfunction so they can resume sexual activity. Men with EDO (ejaculatory duct obstruction) have a blockage that prevents sperm from mixing with semen.
- Testicle Loss: Dr. Turek helped to pioneer testicular implants for men who have lost one or more testicles.
- Peyronie’s Disease: Peyronie’s Disease causes fibrous scar tissue to form inside the penis, which can make erections and sex uncomfortable if not painful for the man.
- Low Testosterone (hypogonadism): Hormone replacement therapy (offered in various forms) can help to boost testosterone in men with irregular levels.
Painless, Nitrous Oxide Vasectomy
The vas deferens, which are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicles to the urethra, are snipped or sealed in a vasectomy. This prevents sperm from being released with ejaculate during sexual intercourse, effectively making the man sterile. Dr. Turek has perfected the no-scalpel option using nitrous oxide to prevent pain and anxiety.
The Turek Clinic’s Commitment to Our Patients
The Turek Clinic offers a blend of knowledge, professionalism, and kindness, a unique combination not found at many other fertility centers. We understand that the journey to becoming pregnant is a stressful time for some couples, which is why we prioritize maintaining your comfort and sanity. We also make ourselves available throughout the experience to answer questions and address all concerns so that our patients can feel confident that every effort is being made to fulfill their goal of being parents.
Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Turek is a board-certified urologist and master micro-surgeon. He has been named one of “America’s Best Doctors” by US News and World Report and other leading publications. His record of success, paired with important research that has advanced his field, have made him one of the top male fertility and sexual health doctors in the world.
For all his accomplishments, Dr. Turek continues to find the most joy in helping patients who have previously believed that they cannot have children to finally achieve their dream of having a baby. To address your fertility issues or other male-health-related issues with Dr. Turek, please call 1-888-TUREK-MD today.