Male Fertility Doctor Serving Modesto, CA
Given that approximately one in 10 men of reproductive age has at least one fertility issue, the path to becoming a father is not easy for all men. Fortunately, men in Modesto who have struggled to conceive a child with their partner can visit the Turek Clinic to receive superior care and treatment to drastically improve their odds of becoming parents.
Male Fertility Disorders
Dr. Turek treats patients with a variety of fertility-threatening conditions:
- Azoospermia: Azoospermia is a complete lack of sperm in a man’s semen. There are two types of azoospermia: obstructive azoospermia, which is caused by a physical obstruction, and non-obstructive azoospermia, which is caused by a problem with sperm production.
- Oligospermia: Oligospermia is a low (but greater than zero) sperm count in a man’s semen that can make fertilizing an egg less likely — but still possible with help from a fertility expert like Dr. Turek.
- Cryptozoospermia: When sperm cannot be found in a man’s semen, but small amounts are found subsequently, this is called cryptozoospermia.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by having oversized veins inside the scrotum that disrupt blood flow and raise the temperature of the testicles. This leads to a reduction in sperm production and quality.
Receive Care from a Top Male Fertility Expert
Dr. Turek is recognized worldwide for his contributions to his field, ranking in the top 1-2% of reproductive urologists. He is perhaps best known for his signature Sperm Mapping technique, which allows him to identify with near certainty whether there are any hidden, motile sperm in the testicles that can be used to fertilize an egg with IVF or ICSI. Having this guided map often allows Dr. Turek to utilize techniques less invasive than a blind microTESE. The method is also much more effective at locating sperm, thus significantly improving the odds of a man becoming a father, with the lowest risk of complications.
Fertility Treatments Offered at the Turek Clinic
The Turek Clinic offers a wide range of male fertility treatments to patients from Modesto, which include:
- Semen Analysis: This is a diagnostic test that measures the quantity and quality of sperm in a man’s ejaculate and establishes how likely he is to fertilize an egg through natural intercourse.
- Sperm Mapping: Dr. Turek’s signature Sperm Mapping process is used to find and extract hidden motile sperm from within the testicles in an effort to avoid a more invasive, unguided approach.
- Microsurgical Reconstruction: Microsurgical reconstruction is an umbrella for advanced surgical procedures that improve and restore the functionality of the male productive system.
- Sperm Retrieval: This is a procedure designed to collect motile sperm from the testicle that is, for one reason for another, not released with the ejaculate, so it can be used to artificially inseminate an egg.
- Testicular Biopsy: Dr. Turek removes a tiny sample of testicular tissue to diagnose any number of fertility issues.
- Varicocele Repair: By addressing varicoceles, the testicular temperature should drop, and blood flow should improve, which can positively impact the quality and amount of sperm in a man’s ejaculation.
- Ejaculatory Duct Resection: If the ducts that transport sperm are obstructed or too narrow, this surgery can improve the ducts to improve the chances of natural fertilization.
- Reverse Vasectomy: This surgery reattaches the vas deferens so that sperm can be released in the ejaculate as it was before the original vasectomy. Dr. Turek has also had success correcting unsuccessful reversal surgeries performed by other doctors.
- Erectile and Ejaculatory Disorders: A range of erectile/ejaculatory disorders like erectile dysfunction, delayed ejaculation, and retrograde ejaculation (where semen is ejaculated into the bladder rather than out the penis) can contribute to fertility issues.
- Loss of Testicle: Men who have lost a testicle to cancer or injury can receive a testicle implant from Dr. Turek.
- Peyronie’s Disease: This is the formation of fibrous scar tissue in the penis, which can make intercourse painful and erections hard to maintain, hence affecting fertility.
- Low Testosterone (hypogonadism): Hormone replacement therapy addresses low testosterone levels so that men feel stronger, happier, and more energetic.
Painless, Nitrous Oxide Vasectomy
The vas deferens, which are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicles to the urethra, are snipped or sealed in a vasectomy. This prevents sperm from being released with ejaculate during sexual intercourse, effectively making the man sterile. Dr. Turek has perfected the no-scalpel option using nitrous oxide to prevent pain and anxiety.
Why Patients Love the Turek Clinic
Patients immediately recognize that every member of our dedicated team provides personalized care aimed at getting real results. This is made evident in the way we answer every question, schedule frequent follow-ups, and keep wait times to a minimum. Because having a baby can be a long journey for couples with fertility problems, we explore a variety of options to best increase your odds of becoming parents.
Meet Dr. Turek
Dr. Turek is a board-certified men’s sexual health reproductive urologist and a globally recognized master micro-surgeon. Educated at Stanford University and Yale University, Dr. Turek studied under some of the top male infertility specialists and currently trains the next generation of fertility experts; he now ranks within the top 1-2% in his field. He has been named one of America’s Best Doctors by leading publications, including US News and World Report. Academic journals have published hundreds of the studies he has authored, and he has been invited to present his research at hundreds of events across the world, including invitations in an advisory capacity to the White House and NIH.
For a consultation, please call 1-888-TUREKMD.