Male Fertility Doctor Serving Concord, CA
Among couples who are struggling with fertility, men are found to play a contributing or primary role about 50% of the time. Fortunately, many of these men can still go on to have a child with help from fertility treatments. The Turek Clinic is the most trusted facility for male fertility care for men in the Concord, CA region.
Male Fertility Issues
- Azoospermia: Men with azoospermia have a sperm count of zero in their semen sample. This can be caused by a blockage (obstructive azoospermia) or a separate problem with sperm production (non-obstructive azoospermia).
- Oligospermia: Men with a low sperm count have less than 15 million sperm in each milliliter of semen. This can make natural fertilization significantly less likely, but Dr. Turek can help men to overcome the odds.
- Cryptozoospermia: Some men initially diagnosed with azoospermia are later found to have a small amount of motile sperm in their semen samples, a condition known as cryptozoospermia. Although possible, this still means that natural fertilization is unlikely.
- Varicocele: Nearly 35% of the men Dr. Turek treats have varicoceles, which are oversized veins (similar to varicose veins) in the scrotum that can make the temperature of the testicles too hot and disrupt normal blood flow.
Superior Knowledge and Care from a Top Specialist
The Turek Clinic is led by Dr. Paul Turek, a world-renowned male fertility expert who ranks in the top 1-2% in his field. He has helped thousands of men become biological fathers who once assumed that achieving a pregnancy was impossible. He attributes a lot of his success to his trademark Sperm Mapping treatment, which helps to locate hidden sperm in the male reproductive tract that can be extracted and used with an artificial reproductive procedure like IVF or ICSI. Having a guided map sometimes allows the patient to avoid more invasive sperm extraction techniques like microTESE.
Popular Fertility Treatments for Concord Men
- Semen Analysis: Better known as a sperm test, this diagnosis tool gives Dr. Turek vital information on a man’s sperm count, shape, and motility, all of which can indicate how likely natural fertilization is.
- Sperm Mapping: Sperm Mapping allows Dr. Turek to locate viable sperm stuck inside the male reproductive organs so that it can be retrieved and used to fertilize an egg.
- Microsurgical Reconstruction: Intricate surgeries can rebuild the male reproductive tract to ensure that viable sperm is transported all the way to the urethra and released with ejaculate.
- Sperm Retrieval: After locating sperm with Sperm Mapping, Dr. Turek can collect some viable sperm, often in a less invasive way, so that it can be utilized in a procedure like IVF, ICSI, or IUI.
- Testicular Biopsy: This test requires the removal of a small part of testicle tissue to help diagnose fertility problems. This can often be avoided with less invasive tests.
- Varicocele Repair: To lower the temperature of the testicles and improve normal blood flow in the scrotum, Dr. Turek can correct enlarged veins, which often has a positive effect on a man’s fertility. It can also eliminate discomfort associated with this health problem.
- Ejaculatory Duct Resection: With TURED, Dr. Turek can unblock the ejaculatory ducts that are preventing sperm from being released with ejaculate.
- Vasectomy Reversal: Men who previously had a vasectomy but now wish to have a baby can reconnect the vas deferens to allow motile sperm to be released with his semen when he ejaculates. Dr. Turek also corrects failed reversal procedures performed by other doctors.
Sexual Health Services
- Erectile and Ejaculatory Disorder: Conditions like erectile dysfunction and ejaculatory duct obstruction can make a natural pregnancy less likely, but Dr. Turek has ways to treat these common problems.
- Testicle loss: Loss of a testicle, also called anorchia, can be a congenital condition or one that happens later in life due to diseases like cancer or an injury. While a missing testicle can make fertilization less likely, Dr. Turek has solutions to overcome this.
- Peyronie’s Disease: Fibrous scar tissue in the penis causes a man’s penis to bend significantly, which can make erections and sexual activity painful. This poses an obvious impediment to a natural pregnancy.
- Low Testosterone (hypogonadism): Hormone replacement therapy helps men to overcome low testosterone to live a happier, energetic life with a more active libido.
Painless, Nitrous Oxide Vasectomy
The vas deferens, which are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicles to the urethra, are snipped or sealed in a vasectomy. This prevents sperm from being released with ejaculate during sexual intercourse, effectively making the man sterile. Dr. Turek has perfected the no-scalpel option using nitrous oxide to prevent pain and anxiety.
Benefits of Visiting an Elite Clinic
Dr. Turek and each member of his team are proud to offer a different kind of experience than what many frustrated couples find at other fertility clinics. We build relationships with our patients and follow them through their entire fertility journey, whether the resolution is quick or takes multiple steps. Either way, our patients feel a sense of comfort knowing they are receiving care from one of the top male fertility specialists in the world.
Meet Our Fertility Doctor
Dr. Turek, acclaimed as one of “America’s Top Doctors,” has his groundbreaking research featured in leading academic journals and presents at major international conferences. Honored by elite accrediting bodies, he has also been invited to the White House and the NIH, reflecting his significant advisory role in health policy and research. Fortunately, men in northern California can receive care from Dr. Turek directly for fertility- and non-fertility-related issues. To schedule an appointment, please call 1-888-TUREK MD today.