Male Fertility Doctor Serving Sacramento
Become a Father in Sacramento
If you and your partner have struggled to get pregnant without a solid grasp on why that is happening, the Turek Clinic is the best place near Sacramento to diagnosis and treat male fertility problems. Our team of experts will systematically determine the root cause of your fertility issues and then customize a treatment plan to overcome these obstacles.
Common Male Fertility Issues
- Azoospermia: Azoospermia is a complete lack of sperm in ejaculate (i.e., a sperm count of zero). This problem affects up to 15% of infertile men.
- Oligospermia: A fertile man has a sperm count between 15 million and 200 million sperm per milliliter of ejaculate. A number lower than 15 million is considered a low sperm count, also known as oligospermia.
- Cryptozoospermia: Someone who has been diagnosed with azoospermia but is later found to have a trace amount of sperm in his semen is said to have cryptozoospermia. Having such a low quantity of sperm makes pregnancy harder to achieve through unassisted sexual activity.
- Varicocele: About 35% of Dr. Turek’s patients have varicocele, which are enlarged veins in the scrotum that negatively affect a man’s fertility. It can start in a man’s teenage years and cause discomfort.
The Turek Clinic Can Help You Achieve Real Results
Dr. Paul Turek is one of the most trusted male fertility specialists in the world, ranked in the top 1-2% in the field of reproductive urology. He has had extraordinary success in large part due to his signature Sperm Mapping treatment. This is a minimally invasive way to find “hidden” sperm, usually inside the testicles, which can sometimes point to a treatment less invasive than standard sperm extraction surgeries like microTESE. With a map, Dr. Turek can more easily retrieve this sperm so it can be utilized in an artificial reproductive treatment like IVF or ICSI.
Fertility Solutions for Sacramento Men
Dr. Turek offers a range of treatments to improve fertility, including:
- Semen Analysis: A sperm analysis (or “sperm test”) is a tool for estimating a man’s ability to fertilize an egg naturally. It measures factors like sperm shape, sperm motility, and sperm count.
- Sperm Mapping: Dr. Turek uses Sperm Mapping to locate “hidden” sperm inside the male reproductive tract of men with non-obstructive azoospermia that can be used to fertilize an egg.
- Microsurgical Reconstruction: Microsurgical procedures can address sterility by “rebuilding” the male reproductive tract so that sperm can be released with semen in a normal manner.
- Sperm Retrieval: This process harvests hidden sperm (previously located with Sperm Mapping) so that it can be used with an assisted reproduction procedure like IUI, IVF, or ICSI.
- Testicular Biopsy: This surgery removes a small amount of testicle tissue so that Dr. Turek can examine it under a microscope and look for signs of fertility problems.
- Varicocele Repair: Since varicoceles can pose fertility problems for a man, improving these veins so that the testicular temperature drops and blood flow normalizes around the scrotum can help many men to have children.
- Ejaculatory Duct Resection: TURED is a minimally invasive way to address ejaculatory duct obstruction so that sperm can be transported correctly and released with ejaculate.
- Vasectomy Reversal: Men who have decided to grow their family after having a vasectomy may reconnect the vas deferens so that sperm is released with the semen once again. Dr. Turek also helps men whose previous reversal procedures have failed.
Sexual Health Services
- Erectile and Ejaculatory Disorder: Dr. Turek can identify the root cause of erectile dysfunction and address it with medication or lifestyle modifications. Other men are infertile because they have EDO (ejaculatory duct obstruction), but thankfully this is a highly treatable condition.
- Testicle Loss: Anorchia (testicle loss) can occur from birth or be acquired due to injury or cancer. Dr. Turek led the charge to offer testicle implants so that men feel more confident during sexual activity.
- Peyronie’s Disease: Peyronie’s Disease is characterized by a severe curve or bend in the penis along with pain, particularly during sexual activity. Obviously, being in great discomfort during sex can pose significant fertility issues.
- Low Testosterone (hypogonadism): Men can have low testosterone levels from puberty or develop them late in life. Hormone replacement therapy helps to improve a man’s sperm production, libido, mood, and muscle strength.
Painless, Nitrous Oxide Vasectomy
The vas deferens, which are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicles to the urethra, are snipped or sealed in a vasectomy. This prevents sperm from being released with ejaculate during sexual intercourse, effectively making the man sterile. Dr. Turek has perfected the no-scalpel option using nitrous oxide to prevent pain and anxiety.
A Team of Professionals Who Truly Care
Dr. Turek and every member of the Turek Clinic team take their responsibilities to their patients seriously. Providing prompt, friendly, and supportive care is as much a part of our mission as overcoming fertility issues. That’s why we focus on building relationships and having frequent check-ins. By customizing treatment plans to each patient, we can boast a high success rate, even among men who were previously told they are infertile.
Meet Dr. Turek
Dr. Turek is a board-certified urologist and male reproductive health specialist. He has been named one of America’s “Best Doctors” by several accrediting organizations. In addition to being one of the most reputable doctors in his field, he is a prolific researcher who has had many published studies that have helped to advance the medical community’s knowledge of male fertility issues. While Dr. Turek has trained hundreds of doctors throughout the world in his techniques, men in Sacramento are fortunate to be able to seek treatment from Dr. Turek directly. If you and your partner are eager to overcome fertility obstacles and have a baby or you face other male health issues, please call 1-888-TUREKMD for an appointment.