Also, beware of vasectomy reversal doctors that are the cheapest, as with everything else in life, you get what you pay for. Please remember that “value” is more important than cost, as value also incorporates “quality” and is expressed as quality/cost. In fact, for most patients, the quality of the vasectomy reversal is just as important as its cost
Questions for a Vasectomy Reversal Doctor
You will also find that determining the quality of a vasectomy reversal doctor is not an easy process. Some questions to consider asking the vasectomy reversal doctor during the consultation visit are:
- Does the surgeon use an operating microscope for vasectomy reversal?
- Is the doctor fellowship trained in vasectomy reversal?
- Does the doctor quote personal success rates or that of others for vasectomy reversal success?
- Has the doctor published their vasectomy reversal technique and success rates?
- How does the surgeon define patency rate (“moving” sperm or “any” sperm) after vasectomy reversal?
- How many vasectomy reversal procedures does the doctor perform annually?
- Is the doctor comfortable with the epididymovasostomy technique or will they refer the patient to a more experienced surgeon if the vasectomy reversal fails?