Putting the Bun in the Oven
I have to admit, I had a great time in my two interactive sessions at the Fertility Planit show in LA this weekend.
For the first one, I joined best selling author and blogger MeiMei Fox, therapist and LoveLine regular Simeone Bienne, and celebrity doctor Dr Suzanne Gilberg-Lenz for a most entertaining hour of “Keeping Sex Passionate When You’re Trying to Conceive.” Here are some of the finer take-home points:
- Early on in relationships, you love to have sex. As the partnership evolves, you’re more likely to have sex because you love. Vive la difference.
- A great way to “freshen up” your sex life is simply to “anticipate” having sex. Sloooow down, buy her flowers, sext her and look forward to the encounter.
- The best body for sex is a healthy body. It’s also good for self-esteem and sex drive.
For the second session, entitled “What Every Woman Needs to Know About Her Man’s Fertility,” I joined the trainer of Hollywood’s-hottest-bodies Patrick Murphy and covered lots of ground on how to tune his body for optimal fertility:
- Fertility requires more than sperm. A healthy sex drive and good erections can make sperm go a long way.
- Semen quality can reflect underlying health conditions and may predict future disease. Make sure he sees a specialist too!
- Fertility is optimized with good overall health (see above).
- Diet is critical to good reproductive health.
- Don’t underestimate the stressors in his life. Wifi and “connectedness” are swords with two edges.
- Regular exercise relieves stress as it “resets” hormonal and circulatory balance.
Great sessions, great education and great personalities. Check them out yourself, as the videos are posted here. C’mon guys, let’s help her get that bun in the oven!
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Turek