Go Ahead, Have a Heart
Tonight is it! The year-end fundraiser for our free clinic for the working uninsured in San Francisco, Clinic by the Bay. And what a great year it was! Have a look:
- Serving 750 families in San Francisco and Daly City
- Providing care to a working community of which 99% have no health insurance
- Enrolling from 50-75 new patients and families monthly
- Caring for patients the majority of whom have not been to a doctor for over 1-3 years
- Boasting an average time from screening to first visit of 7 days
- Logging in almost 800 hours of volunteer time monthly from 60-70 individuals
- Earning over $1.2 million in grant, foundation and private support since opening in Oct 2010
A Toast to the Clinic by the Bay
You know me with limericks. As a Founding Board Member of the Clinic, I am hoping to give this toast at the event tonight at Credo restaurant in San Francisco (chanted to the Wizard of Oz’s “If I Only Had A Heart”):
You can while away the hours,
Conferring with the flowers,
Consulting with the rain…
Or, you can feel so much better
Enclosing a check and letter
To the Clinic by the Bay.
You could be an empty kettle
Sit back and always settle,
And never get involved…
Or, you could be kind-a-human,
Act a bit like Harry Truman,
And help our Clinic evolve.
You could also be a Lincoln,
And do a lot of thinkin,
By volunteering today…
You’d feel more sentimental,
Fulfilled, romantic and gentle,
At Clinic by the Bay.
You know it means the world to me to see this free clinic thrive in the midst of one of the largest and baddest health care crises in U.S. history. Please donate now!! (Just click on the link or box to the right) We really need it!