On Matters of Size
I know that you have been waiting for this post for a good 2 years. Men are constantly reminded that women think that size matters, which plays beautifully into their fear of inadequacy. Well, here is the real skinny on size.
A Study of Penile Length
My colleagues at UCSF performed a nice study to address this issue about 15 years ago. They were seeing many patients who had disastrous surgical attempts at penile “augmentation” or enlargement and felt the need to define what was “normal” to give some frame of reference to the issue.
little relationship to true penile length.”
So, go ahead, grab a tape measure and assess your own trouser trout. I’d bet you 100 to 1 that you fall into the normal range. And, if you can hang a towel off of it or use it as a kickstand while sleeping on your side, more power to you.
Six More Truths About the Male Member
- In humans, most penis growth occurs between infancy and age 5 years, and again 5 years after puberty starts.
- Assuming puberty is complete, age does not correlate with penis size.
- The human penis is both longer and thicker than that of any other primate relative to the size of the rest of the body.
- There is no demonstrated relationship between penis size and race or ethnicity.
- Flaccid penis length is a poor estimate of erect length.
- Many men who believe that their penis is of inadequate size actually have average-sized penises.
It is my hope that through this little biology lesson, I help put things into perspective here. My advice: stop worrying about the size of your bat and focus on the way you swing it.